Join our local businesses in pledging donations on March 27th's Giving Day and help us fund the Peter Gray Memorial Scholarship! Follow along on social media as this year's host, Billie McLane, retrieves the pledge from each business. Not a business? You can support Giving Day by making a donation yourself - and if you give, you'll be entered into the drawing to win a prize each hour on the hour!
Peter was an educator who served on the Amesbury Educational Foundation, Amesbury School Committee and laid the groundwork for the banking program at Amesbury High School. He coached minor league baseball, was a charter member of AYRBall and was an active Rotarian. In 1994 the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce recognized Peter as Citizen of the Year.
Friends and colleagues characterized Pete as a loyal friend and mentor. He cared deeply for his family and the “community family”.
Each year, the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce awards the Peter Gray Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to an AHS graduate who has been actively involved in community service and is pursuing further education in business.
What many people don't know is that Peter's wife, Mappy, spends every Friday volunteering in our Chamber office - providing us that extra set of hands that allow us to go over and above in our service to the business community.
Join us on Giving Day, in Pete’s honor, by making a contribution of any amount, at any hour, to the Peter Gray Memorial Scholarship. As a business community this is our way to mentor Amesbury graduates who make great citizens.
You can make a pledge by:
- credit card online at any hour by processing a 'registration' in the upper right hand side of this page
- cash, check or credit card at the Chamber of Commerce between 8am and 5pm
- credit card over the phone between 7am and 7pm by calling 978-388-3178
- cash or check from your desk by having a runner come to you, call 978-388-3178 between 7am and 7pm (10 minute radius)
- check by using our mail slot at 5 Market Square anytime on March 27th.